tips for greaT CASTING photos
Great photos on your profile are very important! Make sure you have great headshots! Pictures that convey your energy.
Please send 6 of your best recent photos:
- Your photos must be of high quality JPEG, max 1 MB each and in colour
- It can be a combination of professional pictures and snap shots
- Make sure your pictures show variation in facial expressions, hair style, clothing style
- Most important: one clear portrait photo looking straight into the camera with your hair loose and a neutral friendly expression
- At least one on which you smile and your teeth are visible
- At least one with a neutral appearance
- At least one full body picture, so we can see your figure, height and posture
- Choose a plain, neutral background
- There must be good (day)light on your face!
- Wear different colours and sets of clothing (without large texts). For outfits, choose casual, sporty and a business look
- Wear natural make-up and only small jewelery
- Empty your pockets
- Make eye contact with the camera
- Make sure that the camera is always at eye level of the (child) model.
- No selfies
- No group photos or photos with caps or sunglasses. Regular glasses are good.
- As an actor (or model) send max 3 YouTube or Vimeo links to your reel (without contact details) or other video(s).
Our clients and the casting directors of Thea Meulenberg Casting expect you to look like your photos. In order to get great assignments, your profile needs to be up to date. Talents with photos more than 2 years old are no longer presented for jobs.
For children: update the profile of your child model with recent photos and current sizes at least every 6 months.
For a real great portfolio shoot, check out www.dagmar-lap.com or www.stefanvanruijvenfotografie.nl.
It is a good experience and it increases your chances for a nice job!